Monday, December 05, 2005

Thoughts from Class, 12/5/05

Just a note about impressions from the computer class I'm taking. There is just so much stuff out there. Once upon a time a person could have read and discussed the great thinkers and historical texts. Now...

In class we discussed collaboration and the possibilities for collaboration now available because of technology. The three aspects of collaboration being 1) Local 2) Expert and 3) Distance. I am good at immediate collaboration, but not the others.

The learning site that I found the most interesting was a multi-faceted site about science (madsci). This was an informative and fun place to go. I am a fan of the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy and there is a Random Knowledge Generator, which I suspect is Hitchhiker inspired. It is also a source of some great questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home